Robert Hughes Studio Ltd is committed to protecting personal data. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about your rights. This privacy statement applies to personal data provided to us, both by you and by third parties. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
Who we are
Robert Hughes Studio Ltd is an award-winning garden designer based in Knutsford, Cheshire, specialising in high-end, intricate and immersive landscapes for the high-end domestic and commercial clients own the property market. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Robert Hughes Studio Ltd of 7 Ash Grove, Knutsford, WA16 8BB. Our Data Protection Manager is Megan Hughes.
How we collect your personal information
Our policy is to collect only the personal data necessary for agreed purposes and we only ask for personal data where it is needed for those purposes. We do not sell your personal data. Personal data will be retained by Robert Hughes Studio Ltd for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out below.
We collect your personal data directly from you when you make an initial enquiry to us online via an enquiry form or over the telephone.
The types of personal information we collect
- Contact details: name, email address, postal address, telephone number
- Profile data: information and photos you give us about your tastes/design preferences to help inform the design service we provide to you
- Garden photos: taken with client’s consent
- Information we receive from other sources: This is information we receive about you if you have been referred to us by any third parties. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information to provide the design service.
- Usage data: Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process any online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies: We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyse Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
- Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies may still be able to browse the Site; however, some Site features may not function if you disable cookies. To be clear, if you turn off cookies aspects of this website may not work correctly, if indeed they work at all. By using this website you consent to us using cookies, if you do not agree to this, please close your browser window.
- You can learn more about cookies and how to adjust your browser’s settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use personal information
- To communicate with you throughout the design process from initial enquiry through to design implementation: by email, telephone calls, SMS.
- To fulfil contracts you enter into with us for the supply of goods or services
- To produce invoices on Freeagent
- We may repost feedback you give about Robert Hughes Studio Ltd on social media to help promote our service. We will ask for your explicit consent before doing this and the post will not contain your personal data.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
When and how we share personal data
- Your data will only be shared with a clients explicit consent to fulfil to all aspects of the design service. This may include site survey analysis, landscape tender process, supply of plants and products for your garden
How we store your information
- All information you provide to us is securely stored in our office at 7 Ash Grove, Knutsford, WA16 8BB as well as on our secure servers.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via the internet which is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For how long of we store your personal data
- When your matter is finished we will retain your information for a period of time that is appropriate for your matter. We will mark your matter and your personal data to be destroyed after seven years
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
- You have the right to access information held about you. In addition, you can request deletion of or correction of, your personal data. If this is something that you want to do please contact us. Further, you are entitled to request that your personal data be transferred to another person and you also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe that we are misusing your personal data.
- You may wish to contact us if you do have any concerns.
Address: 7 Ash Grove, Knutsford, WA16 8BB
Office: 01565 621 304
Mobile: 07825 371337
- In addition, you can also refer any concerns that you may have regarding the use of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office whose contact details are:
Address: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone Number: 0303 123 1113
Last updated: 30th October 2023